Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Good bye John, hello Domenic!

I swear they make these names up. Anyway, the message I sent to the general e-mail address was answered by someone who claims to be called Domenic:

Dear, Rob

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile

I have researched your rebate status, unfortunately we have yet to receive the receipt you have resubmitted. I do apologize for this delay.

If we could please ask you to allow more time for us to receive the rebate submission material. We do appreciate your patience.

Well, this response is less robotic than most of John's, but I think, dear reader, you'll agree that this business is getting stranger and stranger. Why do they, in one e-mail, say that I should allow six weeks for my "rebate submission material" to arrive and then, after that period has expired, ask me to "allow more time". Could they be stalling?

But, of course, the most bizarre thing of all is that I am using e-mail to discuss with these people the possible whereabouts of a printout of an… e-mail! I am sure, however, that simply forwarding the e-mail to them is not an acceptable procedure. (It's too easy and would result in having to pay out rebates, which, it would seem, is not the business they are in.)

I respond to Domenic:

I have been told to allow six weeks from resubmission before contacting you. It has now been more than seven weeks since I resubmitted my purchase confirmation e-mail.

Please specify how much time I now need to allow.

No response today.

No comments: