Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bar code? Who mentioned a bar code?

John replied to my e-mail today.

Things are getting strange now:

Dear Rob,

Thank you for contacting the Rebate Centre. I have searched our database using the information provided to us in your e-mail. At the present time, I do not show any record of your rebate submission in our files. Unfortunately, the Rebate Centre is not able to validate a rebate request without it arriving at our facility. If you have already mailed off your original barcode panel from the side of the phone box, then we apologize but we would not be able to do anything further without that original panel.

As stated on the rebate form, we are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected or postage due mail.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
John
Rebate Centre Representative

What the hell is this idiot talking about? Bar code? WTF?!

I wonder if this is part of a carefully thought-out strategy: Bombard the customer with bizarre responses until he gives up in bewilderment.

I try to bring us back on topic:

The letter said you didn't receive the store receipt. Why are you now talking about the bar code? As far as I know you have received that. Please tell me what I need to do next.

No response today.

No comments: