Saturday, December 23, 2006

Has my rebate arrived already?

Wow! A letter from the T-Mobile rebate people. That was quick! Let's open it up and put my rebate check in a safe place!

Or maybe not.

I can't believe it. No store receipt=no rebate. Do you really mean to tell me that their system isn't set up to issue rebates for phones bought on the web?

I scream.

I kick the cat.

I cancel Christmas.

But nothing seems to work.

No store receipt=no rebate.

I call the 1-877 number to explain that I don't have a store receipt because I didn't BUY THE PHONE FROM A %&*%$# STORE!

Only I am actually quite calm. I expect this to be sorted out easily enough.

A smarmy 15-year old kid takes my call. He's reading from a script. Apparently it's no problem that I don't have a store receipt. Valid alternatives include blah blah….

I interrupt to remind him that I've already said that I sent in my order confirmation e-mail.

Oh dear. This isn't in the script.

"Oh well, we didn't receive it, sir."

Fine. He tells me to send a copy of the order confirmation e-mail to the original submission address. He also tells me to contact them shortly after resubmitting it to confirm that they have received it.

No comments: