Monday, January 22, 2007

Hello John. Hello!

Still no response from John.

I decide it's time to wake him up:

Please respond to this.

I called you in December and you told me to send a copy of my purchase confirmation e-mail. I did that immediately but have heard nothing from you.

That did the trick. Here's his reponse:

Dear Rob,

Thank you for contacting the Rebate Centre. I have searched our database using the information provided to us in your e-mail. At the present time, I do not show any record of your rebate resubmission in our files. Please be advised that a rebate resubmission can take up to 28 days to appear in our database from the date it is received at our facility.

Please allow a full 6 weeks to elapse from the day you mailed your resubmission to us.

Sincerely,
John
Rebate Centre Representative

I know what you're thinking. That's what he said in his last e-mail, right?

Wrong!

Look again and you'll notice the cunning substitution of "resubmission" for "submission".

This is like dealing with a robot.

No comments: